Friday, May 20, 2011

Got beer? Make bread.


Hello again!!

Here in Kona we have had rain... for months it seems like.

Personally, I'm a beach bum. 
Not literally, but I would be if I could... 



And this rain is really messing up my tan... 
I'm too pale for someone who lives here.

So, when I did go to the beach I got fried, 
and now I'm dealing with peeling because aloe vera didn't do the trick.



But, besides this short rant... It's raining tonight, yet again.

So, I'm having some tea....

Passion tea.

Ohhhhh yeahhhhh :)


This stuff is good.

I sweeten mine with honey, tonight I used this....
I snagged this lil' jar of goodness from one of the condos my mom stayed at during her Christmas Vacation...

Holy cow, it's may. This has been sitting in my cupboard for quite awhile... :| whoops.


Anyways... Have any extra beer? 
and you're craving some carbs.. 


make a good hearty loaf of 



Beer Bread!!


3 cups All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Sugar
1 (12 oz.) beer (your choice :) )
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
 
*If using self-rising flour omit baking powder and salt.*

Sift flour and baking powder.
Add salt and sugar.
Mix.
Add beer.
Mix until just combined, pour into ungreased loaf pan.

Pour melted butter over top.
Bake at 375*F for 45 min. - 1 hour.
 
It's so worth it...

I know that all that butter seems like a lot... 
You could probably cut it in half if you wanted..
I wouldn't though, because I LOVE ME SOME BUTTAH! :p
 
This is especially good with a big bowl of chili...
My dad makes the BEST chili... 



Enjoy folks,
I'm having a movie night with my pups and my man. :)
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment